Tuesday, September 05, 2006

first day of school....



Ashlin was so excited, she didn't even have a hard time getting up way earlier than she was used to. Getting ready was a breeze since she has been waiting for this day for weeks and weeks. She really missed her friends over the summer.

So all was going fine, until I said it was time to go. She wanted to go, that was not the problem. BUT she wanted us to drive (it is only 2 blocks). So what else could I do but take a picture of her pouting ;)

I am so happy to report that she got over that quick and her first day was a huge success. She was so happy to get to see all of her friends and even seems to like her new teacher. They split up the grade ones into two classes and she is seperated from all of her friends but I am thinking that might help her be more focused in class. And thankfully they get an hour lunch so she can socialize then.

Tomorrow will be the first day that she goes ALL day. I don't know who will feel more lonely without her - Colton or I. I am kinda hoping that absence really does make the heart grow stronger and maybe her and Colton won't fight as much since he won't see her all day.

We can only hope it works that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great back-to-school pics Kathy. :-)
BTW, weren't you tagged ? Work with me girl. Afterall, I AM blogging again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great pics Kat!
I can't believe summer is officially over!

LOL Cindy!:)