Friday, June 02, 2006

could you make that decision?

What on earth do you do when you are presented with what feels like an impossible decision? How do you decide when emotions get involved and what could be the right decision feels like an impossible thing.

The doctors don't know why my mother is not responding as expected, which could mean brain damage. If she can not breathe without a ventilator and will not ever recover we might have to make that decision, but how can I do that. They can't do brain scan tests until she is off the ventilator but they are having problems with her not being to breathe without it.

I have no clue how I am supposed to make a choice. I am praying for a miracle that will not require that choice be made and hopefully my mom will recover fully.

5 comments:

Jenn :) said...

oh Kat...I wish I had an answer for you. I don't know honestly what I would do in that situation. (((hugs))) and prayers.

Anonymous said...

hi K- wow, i have no idea how i would handle that, but my advice would be, don't feel like you must make the decision now. Don't let *anyone*(i.e. health professionals) force you to make a decision you're not ready to make.

more ((hugs)) and strength going your way.
R

Anonymous said...

Kat! I'm so sorry you are being faced to make such a decision. Remember we are here for you! Love you and praying for you.

Tami said...

kat-i am so sorry that you have to deal with all this.

Chares Square Co-op said...

i'm praying for a miracle for you too kathy...thinking of you constantly.
xog