Tuesday, January 16, 2007

the ongoing school saga

Yes Ashlin STILL does not like school. Well she likes school, just not if she has to go. And she really does like her teacher so that isn't the problem, she says the days are just to long (oh and boring).

Not to torture her or anything, but because I thought it would be good, I put her in after school french two days a week. The start at 3:30pm and go to 4:30pm. It is very casual and has kindergarten to grade four age level. Well yesterday was supposed to have been her third class. But at 3:00pm she told her teacher that her tummy was really bothering her, so they sent her home! Ya big surprise when she got home she was 100% fine. Ugh I am so annoyed that the teacher fell for it for one thing, and I am also annoyed/frustrated because I seriously do not know what to do! I am sorry that she doesn't like school, but she has to go. I really don't know if homeschooling is the answer. Ashlin totally knows how to manipulate me and get out of things, so I worry if I home school that we will just have power struggles all the time. What good would that be. She is learning at school, how much I am not to sure though. I don't remember what grade one was like but I keep thinking the stuff she is doing is so basic. So anyways all I can think is "oh dear, she has 11 more years to go. What am I going to do."

On a brighter note, I gave Ashlin a new bedroom wall yesterday. I am sure that most of my scrapping friends have seen it but just in case, here it is:

I used 12 x 12 papers and just spray glued them up :D Ashlin seemed to like it, but she has already asked if I could paint all the green squares blue. Ya, like I will get right on that!

Anyways thanks for listening to me rant about school - again!

7 comments:

La- said...

Hope you guys figure out the school thing.. that is rough. I do love her new wall though...

La-

.jessica jo. said...

love the new wall!!! it is awesome!!!! Sorry your girl is having a hard time still w/ school :( Do the teachers have any recommendations?

~Holly~ said...

I love the new wall!! Great work!

I'm sorry she is still having a hard time with school :( I hope she enjoys the social part of it!

Anonymous said...

Miss A's wall is be-au-tif-imous! What a great job you did!

School struggles are no fun, that's for sure. T's mixed this year, loves her friends, but the rest I think she could do without....ah, to be 6 again! :)

Anonymous said...

wow- pretty wall kathy!

Maggie Lamarre said...

Wow What a fantastic idea with what to do with all these papers.
TFS
Maggie

Anonymous said...

What a cool way to decorate a wall!!!!! I love it!